Saturday, July 18, 2009

Homemade Fabric Softener!

I've been avoiding fabric softener for over a year now because I heard that there were a lot of heavy chemicals in it. (Sorry, that's all I know-- no specifics!)

Thing is, I'm sick of my towels being so rough. I found this today and I think it's worth a try. I sized the recipe down quite a bit so that I could fit it into a spray bottle without having the extra in a separate container.

Homemade Fabric Softener (yield: around 2.5 cups)

1.5 cups water
.75 cups white vinegar
.5 cup hair conditioner

Mix this in a container and stir. Do not shake it will cause foaming. Use the same amount you normally use in rinse cycle or spritz on wash cloth and throw in dryer.


Works great!

1 comments:

Kim January 22, 2011 at 7:17 PM  

Had to comment... since I've switched to homemade laundry detergent, my towels are perfectly soft. No need for this recipe anymore!

http://fuzzysfinds.blogspot.com/2010/05/homemade-laundry-detergent-is-breeze.html

Post a Comment